Petroleum & Petrochem
Elemental Analysis of Chlorine, Lead, Sulfur, and Metals in Crude, Oils, Gasoline, Fuels, Lubricants, and Waste Materials
Multi-element Versatility for Petroleum Analysis
Applied Rigaku Technologies specializes in benchtop EDXRF and process elemental analyzers serving upstream and midstream for in-field use and downstream for refineries and commercial labs. Rigaku EDXRF (energy dispersive X-ray fluorescence) instruments offer solutions for a broad range of petroleum analysis applications. They serve many screening and monitoring needs and meet compliance with multiple testing methods and standards.
Rigaku EDXRF analyzers are capable of measuring more than just sulfur. From the quantification of heavy elements in crude oil to sulfur in fuels to a variety of elements in lubricating oils, EDXRF is a well-established technique for the petroleum and petrochemical industries. With multi-element analysis capabilities, measure your elements of interest in almost any matrix.
Benchtop Solutions — Analyze for Sulfur and Other Elements
The Rigaku NEX QC benchtop EDXRF combines superior performance capabilities with affordability. This analyzer is ideal for measuring sulfur in oils by ASTM D4294 (also methods ISO 20847, ISO 8754, IP 496, IP 336, and JIS K 2541-4), lead in gasoline by ASTM D5059, and the NEX QC+ model delivers compliance with the ISO 13032 sulfur method for ULSD (ultra-low sulfur diesel). These instruments are designed and engineered for heavy industrial use, whether plant floor or remote field environments and feature an intuitive icon-driven touchscreen interface for easy operation and a built-in thermal printer for convenience.
The NEX DE high-performance spectrometer delivers rapid elemental analysis — analyze sulfur, calcium, vanadium, iron, and nickel in crude, residual oil, bunker fuels, and other heavy hydrocarbon oils. NEX DE is ideal for quick ASTM D8252-19 compliance of nickel and vanadium or measuring chlorine by ASTM D4929 Part C.
The NEX CG II, an indirect excitation EDXRF analyzer, is capable of trace element analysis even in the most challenging sample types. NEX CG II is well suited to meet ASTM and international compliance for ultra-low sulfur applications, such as testing ultra-low sulfur in diesel and meeting Tier 3 gasoline requirements per ASTM D7220. NEX CG II delivers the lowest chlorine detection limits for ASTM D4929 compliance using Part C methodology and easily meets ASTM D5059 Parts A and C using the Bi internal standard method to measure lead in gasoline samples.
Process Control Solutions — On-line, Real-time Elemental Analysis
Rigaku NEX XT offers high-level total sulfur measurement (0.02% to 6% S) of crude, bunker fuel, fuel oils, and other highly viscous hydrocarbons, including residuums. This versatile, compact, and robust X-ray transmission/absorption (XRT/XRA) process gauge is specifically optimized for the total sulfur analysis needs of refineries, pipelines, blending operations, bunkering terminals, and other storage facilities.
Also offered is the NEX OL process analyzer for liquid stream applications. NEX OL is configurable for use in classified and non-classified areas and can analyze from aluminum to uranium. It is ideal for monitoring cobalt, manganese, and bromine catalysts in PIA and catalyst in liquid streams.
Petroleum & Petrochemical Information and Resources
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists
- Association of Petrochemicals Producers in Europe (APPE)
- Instituto Petroquímico Argentino
- Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists
- Gulf Petrochemicals and Chemicals Association (GPCA)
- Institut Français du Pétrole (IFP)
- International Association of Geophysical Contractors (IAGC)
- Japan Petrochemical Industry Association
- Korean Petrochemical Industry Association
- Latin American Petrochemical and Chemical Association (APLA)
- Malaysian Petrochemicals Association
- Netherlands Petroleum Industry Organization (VNPI)
- Petrochemical Industry Association of Taiwan
- Petroleum Exploration Association of New Zealand
- Petroleum Exploration Society of Great Britain (PESGB)
- Petroleum Geological Circle (PGK)
- Petroleum Institute of Thailand
- Petroleum Online (fee-based eLearning)
- The Society of Core Analysts (SCA)
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- Society of Petrophysicists and Well Log Analysts
- UK Petroleum Industry Association (UKPIA)
- American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers
- Wikipedia: Petroleum
- Wikipedia: Petrochemical